Have you checked out Inspire lately?
It’s an annual conference organised by the Lancashire Methodist District, and is truly a day packed with heart-felt worship and practical teaching. Plus, creche and day programmes are available for children under 18. I highly recommend it!
This year’s workshops include:
• Rest (and stillness) in ‘God’s economy’
• Faith at Work
• Church & Retirement
• Why the Church Struggles to Celebrate
Rest & Leisure
• The Church Celebrating the Family
• Street Pastors
• Ambassadors in Sport
• Action for Children (the children’s charity of
the Methodist Church)
The world we experience
• All Things Bright & Beautiful
Creating urban gardens
• Children Unite
Giving child domestic workers a voice
• Wake Up and Smell the Coffee…
• Adoption: God’s plan & you
• Celebrating & Affirming Wisdom
A global perspective
• The Last Taboo: Death & Dying Well
• Have you heard the one about the Vicar,
the Hairdresser and the Chiropodist?
Addressing the spiritual needs of frail older
people in care homes.
• Being a Christian in my family is tough!
• Talk about Jesus at work, you’re kidding!
• Talk about Jesus at the gym you’re kidding!
• Too old to talk about Jesus – you’re kidding!
Lat year there were lots of folks from our Circuit in attendance, so if you want to come along but don’t want to go on your own, get in touch and we’ll link you up with someone from your church. Hope to see you there!